Local Enterprise Office Kildare has launched the Flavours of Kildare Food Network as part of an ongoing effort to harness the power of the ‘collective’ and to ensure that our unique food & drink heritage benefits from the attention it deserves.
Throughout the county, a diverse selection of crucial training and marketing initiatives are underway. Now, through the Flavours of Kildare brand these programmes can enjoy better linkages and cross-promotion.
Ultimately, the goal of Flavours of Kildare is to help the county nurture its enviable status as an iconic food brand.
WHO should join the food network?
- Food or drink which is grown, processed and packed in Co. Kildare
- Food or drink whose main ingredient is produced/grown in Co. Kildare
- Food which is grown within Kildare but is slaughtered or processed outside the County, but inside Ireland
- Local restaurants, cafes, pubs etc who use Kildare produce as ingredients in their menu
- All companies selling food under “Flavours of Kildare”
- Food or drink whose main ingredient is produced/grown outside Kildare, but the vast majority of the production and craft process is carried out within the county
- Food or drink whose main ingredients are sourced from outside Co. Kildare, but are mixed or blended within the county
WHY join the food network?
- Being part of a joint, Kildare wide programme to promote the county and draw tourists to businesses providing food within Kildare.
- A listing on Flavours of Kildare Website – which will be heavily promoted and linked to tourism events.
- The opportunity to become involved in business networking events.
- The opportunity to meet potential suppliers of high-quality regional food who can make a difference to your businesses.
- The opportunity to build business collaborations to jointly benefit businesses in different sectors in Kildare.
- The opportunity to become involved in food activities such as food trails or specific food events in order to promote your business and the aims of Flavours of Kildare.
- A clear understanding of the output and activity of all other businesses within the Flavours of Kildare network, enabling businesses to work together to benefit each other.
- The ability to jointly sell Kildare as a food destination, increasing tourism and visitor traffic to the county.
- Promotion via social media
- Delivery of joint Kildare promotional events
Please complete the following form and LEO Kildare will be in contact.
The answers to your questions will be posted on your public profile on the Flavours of Kildare web site.
Your answers will be used to promote your business.
Please give approx 50 words per answer or 400 words in total.
Give as much details as possible to explain what your product is and what exactly you do.