Business Support Unit, LEO Office, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas,
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SCHEME
In order to apply for the Autumn Retail Window Merchandising Grant all applicants must adhere to the following application process:
- Complete the following application form on Submit.com
- It is important that all Costs and Quotations are included.
- Do not purchase anything before approval for grant is received
- The Economic Development Team will approve the application
It is important that the following are included:
- Photo of current exterior/window of premises
- Indicative Costings for purchases (website quotes will suffice)
- Do not purchase anything before approval for grant is received from the Economic Development Department in LEO
- A copy of the header of your business bank statement which includes business name and account details.
- Proof of Commercial Rates being paid to Kildare County Council
- Tax Clearance Certificate
The Economic Development team will review your application
- Once we review the application, we will respond with decision on approval.
- Cash payments are prohibited to contractors and suppliers
- Once work has been completed your contractor or supplier must then be paid by you and claim documents can be submitted to Economic Development Unit.
- At this stage, payment can be made to the applicant.
Autumn Retail Window Merchandising Grant
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to retail businesses, in our town centres, to design & develop their business in 2023. This scheme will financially assist and support independent retail business owners to enhance their window displays or for merchandising for Halloween/ Autumn. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The window design/merchandising grant will be administered through Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
1. Who is Eligible?
- The scheme is open to all existing retail businesses to improve their window appeal and/or to assist with merchandising
- Those premises that pay commercial rates to Kildare County Council or have a payment plan in place.
2. Amount of Grant Available
The scheme will provide Retail Window Merchandising Grant of 80% funding on eligible expenditure up to a max. of €500
3. Privacy & Data Protection
4. Applications for Funding Timeline
The scheme will be open from the 25th August 2023 for applications. Applicants will apply through their relevant Local Authority. The scheme will close on the 20th October 2023.
Only when approval of funding is received may you make purchases to be funded.
To claim for purchases forward paid receipts for the items approved to the Economic Development Unit along with Bank Statements showing the payments.
6. Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant. Kildare County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.
Any further information requested on the Autumn Retail Window Merchandising Grant please contact The Business Support Unit, Kildare County Council
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ,Phone 045 980838.