Business Support Unit, LEO Office, Áras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas,
Shop Front Improvements, Accessibility and Age Friendly Grant Scheme 2023
PART A - GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SCHEME
The purpose of this scheme is to foster good design practices which respect the character of streetscape in terms of detailing, materials and finishes to the exterior of premises. The encouragement of high quality commercial frontages which use a variety of architectural styles which need not duplicate established architectural approaches but should conform to the scale, massing, height and urban grain of the subject building and also contribute to the overall aesthetic, appearance, character and heritage of the urban environment. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The Shop Front improvement: Accessibility and Age Friendly Grant Scheme is funded by the Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements. Applicants should assess their own eligibility (including the requirement for planning)
Note: Applicants to our funding schemes will be automatically entered for our Pride of Place awards ceremony at the end of the year.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SCHEME
In order to apply for the Shopfront Improvement, Accessibility and Age Friendly Grant Scheme all applicants must adhere to the following application process:
1. Complete the following application form on Submit.com
2. It is important that the following are included:
- Photo of current exterior of premises
- Written Quotes for work that is proposed
- If application is for materials + labour up to and including a net value of €5,000: 2 quotations
- If application is for materials + labour is over a net value of €5,000: 3 quotations
- Written proof of ownership (if the premises is owned) or written permission from the landlord/owner that the proposed work can be carried out
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Proof of Payment of Rates to Kildare County Council or a payment plan in place.
Please ensure no work is paid for, or completed before the application for Grant Aid is approved by the Economic Development Team in LEO
Cash payments to your contractor or suppliers is PROHIBITED
3. The Economic Development team will review your application
4. Once we review the application, we will respond with decision.
5. Once work has been completed (within 4 months from date of letter of offer) your contractor must then be paid and claim can be submitted to Economic Development Unit within 30 days of its completion.
6. At this stage, payment can be made to the applicant.
*** EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY 28TH JULY @5PM***
The scheme is open to independently owned businesses that are on the main thoroughfare of towns and villages in Co Kildare
Those premises that have no commercial rates outstanding to Kildare County Council or have a payment plan in place.
Grants will not be offered in respect of the following:
· Works already completed prior to application being received
· Structural repairs including re-roofing
· Structural internal repairs and alterations
· External security features such as CCTV systems
2. What items are considered eligible for the scheme.
Painting, Woodwork, Signage, Lighting etc
Link to Kildare County Councils Shopfront Design Guidelines: Please review before applying:
3. Amount of Grant Available
The scheme will provide for:
Up to €5000 (ex VAT) or 50% of eligible expenditure for painting, woodwork, signage, lighting etc (however if you also include an element of Accessibility/Age Friendly this can be increased up 75% of costs)
Up to 75% of eligible costs for Accessibility Improvements
Up to 75% of eligible costs for Age Friendly improvements
4. Applications for Funding Timeline
Applicants will apply through their relevant Local Authority. The scheme will remain open until Friday 30th June or until the fund is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
5. Privacy & Data Protection
or hardcopy from our offices at Kildare County Council, Devoy Park, Naas Co Kildare W91 X77F.
6. Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their Application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant. Kildare County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.